Hayden Funeral Home was established in Oxford Junction, Iowa in 1918, by Clyde Hayden. In 1942, his son, Lewis Hayden, joined the firm and in 1943, Lewis purchased the business. In 1963, Clyde's grandson, Lynn Hayden, joined the firm and in 1977, Lynn purchased the business. Donald Woodley joined the firm in 1986, and became Lynn's partner in 1993.
In 1962, the Campbell Funeral Home at Olin was purchased. In 1963, the Wallace Funeral Home at Wyoming was purchased, and in 1988, the Malamphy Funeral Home at Lost Nation was purchased, for a total of four Hayden Funeral Home locations.
All of the former Hayden Funeral Homes have been completely remodeled and are handicap accessible. The Olin facility was built in 1998 on the south side of Olin.
The Laheys later acquired the Hayden Funeral Homes in 2003 from Lynn Hayden & Donald Woodley.